Thursday, April 16, 2009

Not Scrapbook Haus related

But, I've got to vent. So here it goes....

Children are one of God's greatest blessings. Wouldn't you agree? So, why is it that when you have more than 1 or 2 kids there are people that look at you and treat you like you are some sort of diseased and helpless animal? BUT, if you have a closet full of designer clothes, drive nice new vehicles, or live in a big house filled with new "stuff" then you are something to be envied? It just completely blows my mind. This world is so screwed up.

I am so unbelievably blessed. I can not remember the last time I purchased an article of clothing with a designer label. I proudly drive around in my moldly, oldly expedition that has over 112, 000 miles on it. I've got a roof over my head and some furniture in my house to sit and sleep on. But most importantly I have a husband who loves me even though he REALLY knows me! I have a Mamaw, mom, 2 sisters, and a brother (and lots of great friends) that would do ANYTHING for me. I have 5 healthy, handsome, charming, loud, silly boys that call me momma. And to top all that off, God has decided to bless our family with another boy that I know will be just as wonderful and special as the 5 we already have.

That's what being blessed is all about. I'm not saying everybody should have more than 2 kids. All I am trying to say is: children ARE a blessing. If one or two is the right number for you, great. If you want to have 15....go for it. I just wish people would lose the mentality that those of us who decide to have more than 2 children are doing such a disservice to society and to ourselves. It is very hurtful and completely WRONG!
My guys sitting on the steps at the state capital. (Ross, Grant, Rhett, Reid, & Garrett)

Baby Boy Fleming #6 (We are taking names suggestions! Preferably names that begin with a G or R!)

2 comments:

The Tate Family said...

Congratulations on baby boy #6. Children are a blessing and you are VERY blessed! Don't worry about those people who don't understand. Congratulations!

Julie said...

I just met the author, Jon Scieszka, who last year was named Ambassador for Children's Literature by the Library of Congress. The genesis of his career as a writer stems from having grown up as second oldest of SIX boy siblings...he has been quoted as saying, "You get out of a lot of trouble if you're the one telling the story." As a mom of boys you might enjoy his just released autobiography, "Knucklehead", which I'm pretty sure is in the NB Library. Very funny man, and he's dedicated himself to getting boys to read... He wrote "The True Story of the Three Little Pigs", an early reader favorite, but his stories about growing up with five brothers are priceless.

Congratulations on your blessed event!