Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The 14 year old daughter of a friend of mine (Candi) from high school has recently been diagnosed with cancer. This is a quote from Candi: "Without a doubt this is the worst day of my life. My "little" girl Karly did not receive the results we wanted. The mass is cancer and she will begin chemo a week from Monday. The doctor said possible Ewing's Sarcoma but will not be sure on the type until the rest of the results from the biopsy come back. We are crushed and very worried about Karly. Her dad and I had already come to an agreement that if it was cancer we were staying here at MD Anderson, so that is what we will do."

I want to put together a "care package" to send to them. If you would like to make a card, a mini-album, a donation, or anything else, please send me an e-mail. my5boysmom@yahoo.com (Candi also has a 5 year old daughter, Lexie) They will be relocating their family to Houston so they can be close to top notch treatment and doctors. And above all, please pray for healing for Karly and great strength for her mom and my friend, Candi.

2 comments:

Susan said...

What devastating news for this family. Angela, you have always been there for Scrapbook Haus so whatever you need I am here for you. A card drive, a donation drive, something for the family, just let me know. The prayers have already begun.

The Tate Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about this Angela. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Prayers are on their way.