Sunday, August 24, 2008

Something near and dear to my heart

Children? What would we do without them? They make us smile, laugh, cry, and loose our minds. I know I wouldn't trade my job as the mom of 5 boys for any other occupation in the world. On April 15, 2007, my 5 year old son (now 6) was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I've said many times that hearing your child has a chronic illness sends a wave of panic through you as parent like nothing else I've ever known. Reid has to be one of the bravest, toughest little guys I know. He endures at least 4 shots of insulin a day, as well as having his finger poked to test his blood sugar level 6 - 10 times a day. He very rarely complains and has really accepted that this is just a part of his daily life. As his mom, I just want to make it all go away. So, I am on a mission to help raise money to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. This foundation is the key to finding a cure in Reid's lifetime. As a mom, finding that cure for my son is priority #1. Susan has very graciously offered the use of the crop room at Scrapbook Haus to hold a "Crop 4 a Cure" benefit crop. We will have lunch, supper, snacks, drinks, contests, and door prizes that will blow your mind! Space is limited. Call to reserve your spot today. Thanks! :)


On a different note, several people have come into the store and ask Susan some questions about the blog contest. So, let me clarify a few rules. Your entry does not have to be a 12 X 12 layout. It can be 6 X 6, 8 1/2 X 11, or whatever size you would like to make. In fact, your entry doesn't even have to be a layout. If you are a card maker, you can enter a card. If you like to alter items, then go for it! As long as your finished product uses the item of the week (this week it's Tinkering Ink) then that will work. So, once again, what are you waiting for.....get busy!!!

No comments: