Thursday, July 2, 2009

Meet the Scrapbook Haus Design Team


Angela Fleming, Design Team Leader (and your "Friend of Scrapbook Haus blogger)
I am the wife to an amazing man and the mother of 6 rambunctious boys! My life is full of fun, laughter, and loudness. I wouldn't have it any other way. Our family has been living in New Braunfels for over 4 years. We love it here. Both my husband and I grew up in West Texas but always wanted to live in the Hill Country. So, when the opportunity presented itself, we couldn't pack fast enough. We truly enjoy living in "God's Country."
I have been scrapbooking for about 10 years now. It is my escape from the insanity. (and it's alot cheaper than therapy!) I usually scrapbook 12 X 12 layouts, but recently have been creating mini-albums. I love the sense of accomplishment I get from completing an entire album in one evening! I have also ventured out into the world of "digital scrapbooking" but it will never replace my love for the good 'ol paper and adhesive style.
I am excited about the leading the first "Scrapbook Haus Design Team." We have assembled a group of talented ladies that are ready to "wow" you with their work! I look forward to working together with each one of them to bring you lots of ideas and inspiration.

Durquia Guillen
Durquia what does that mean? Usually I make things up but truthfully my mother was very creative and made my name up. I am Colombia/Dominican through my parents however born and raised in New York City. I came to Texas in 1990 and never left. I am married to a wonderful man, Mario and mother to 3 loving and energetic boys. Just recently my mom found a scrapbook I completed in high school. I have always been documenting, celebrating and remembering moments in our lives. With the birth of my first son I rejoined the world of scrapbooking and have discovered ways to simplify my pages. I want to teach others how to use stamps and inks to make scrapbook pages in a simply, fast and creative way. I love to create magical and artistic projects to document my story. I also work for Any Baby Can (a wonderful nonprofit organization that supports families with children who have special needs) on a part time basis as the Director of Communication and Public Policy Priorities. My family and I live in San Antonio, Texas.

Heather Raybourn - Photo and bio coming soon
Linsey Murker
My name is Linsey. I am a stay at home mom to my 2 wonderful boys, Alec & Cole, and my girl Princess who is a 130 lb. Great Dane. My husband Derek and I have been married for almost 11 years. I have been scrapbooking for about 14 years, completing my first album when I was in high school. I worked as a scrapbooking consultant for 7 years. As a consultant I learned many things about scrapbooking, photography, color & design. I was fortunate as a consultant to win many awards and to be asked to teach many technique classes. I have evolved as a crafter, doing not only albums, but home decor items, altered items and many other paper crafting projects. I have never really been one to strive for publication, but I was thrilled when Creating Keepsakes selected one of my altered lunch boxes to be featured in their monthly newsletter. In addition to scrap booking/paper crafting, I also enjoy sewing, knitting, reading and cooking. Before I became a mom, I actually had aspirations of becoming a chef and owning my own restaurant, so many of my pages and entries in my blog are about cooking as well as my family and scrap booking. I can't scrap without my Cutterbee scissors, Bazzill card stock, my ATG gun & a Dr. Pepper from Sonic.

Marcie Helmke
My name is Marcie and I have been crafting since I was a kid. (My favorite birthday gifts were craft kits.) Currently, I am a scrapbooker, stamper, and card-maker. I love learning new techniques! Many of my layouts involve travel or sorority events.
I am a true native of New Braunfels. I was born here and I attended First Protestant kindergarten before moving away. My school career included attending ten different schools in various states and overseas. I was fortunate to live for three years in Germany. I graduated from Thomas Jefferson HS in Richmond, Va. as well as the University of Houston and Texas State University. Beside odd jobs in college, I have spent my whole career in public education.

If I’m not scrapbooking, I enjoy cake decorating, shopping, reading, and collecting Dickens Village lighted porcelain houses. (Guess who is in charge of the collectors’ club scrapbook!)


Vicki Flinchum
My name is Vicki Flinchum. I'm a stay at home Mom with a passion for anything artsy and craftsy! I enjoy paper crafts, scrapbooking and altered arts, to name a few. I also enjoy antiquing and collecting advertising and automotive memorabilia.I design, teach classes and provide kits with the promotion and endorsement of several leading scrapbook industry manufacturers (currently): Zutter Innovative Products, Prima Marketing Inc., Purple Cows, Tattered Angels and E.A.D. Designs. I provide creative design services for numerous industry manufacturers (currently): Zutter Innovative Products, Purple Cows, E.A.D. Designs, Heart of Texas Studios, Texana Designs and My Town Papers. I also provide freelance creative design services for retailers (online and brick and mortar), online kit clubs, message boards and challenge blogs.
Stay tuned for some exciting new ideas and projects from each of these talented ladies.

No comments: