Monday, September 7, 2009

Boo-tiful


The new Halloween papers are arriving at the store! This layout was created from just two sheets of the Nikki Sivils "Boo-tiful" collection. As soon as I saw the artwork, I knew it would be perfect for pumpkin patch photos. Since the cardstock is double-sided, I was able to use one side for the pumpkin photo mat and heart border and the other side for the striped accent. The chevron design on the right side is created by folding back the striped paper to reveal the color on the reverse side. NO stickers or die cuts were needed. The complete cost was under $2.50! If you stay with this black & grey collection, it does not matter what color your children's (or pet's) costumes are. The neutral colors will match just fine.


This is also an example of Murphy's Law. I always do the title last. I was so excited to be getting this finished. But as soon as the last letter was glued down, I knew the orange paper was not showing up on the bold stripes. I am not one to tear apart layouts and start over. Luckily, I had a black Glaze pen on hand to outline each of the orange letters to make them stand out.