Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Get INSPIRED! (plus a new challenge)

Let a sketch inspire you to get to scrapbooking. I always tell the students in my Basics class that a sketch can be there BFF! I am by no means a very organized person. (You should see my scraproom. YIKES!) However, when it comes to doing a layout, I like to "map" things out. There are several different sites that offer free sketches. One of my all time favorites is http://www.pagemaps.com/ Not only does she give sketches for scrapbooking layouts, there are also sketches for cards and tags. It is a very cool site. Sometimes you might not be able to find what you are looking for and have to create your own sketch like I did below. Either way, a sketch is a great way to get you inspired to scrap.

So, here's a new challenge for you. Using one of the sketches below, create a LO, card or tag. E-mail me a picture of your creation. my5boysmom@yahoo.com The first 3 people who send me a picture will receive a prize! I will also post the pictures on the blog. So, what are you waiting for? GET BUSY!!!! (there is a 12 x 12 sketch, an 8 1/2 x 11 sketch, a card sketch, & a tag sketch)


No comments: